[imp] php 5.1.1 and problems with german-umlaute

Martin Luethi imp at humbapa.ch
Thu Dec 8 05:57:55 PST 2005

>> since my update from php 5.0.5 to 5.1.1 I have problems with the german
>> umlaute (äüö). the umlaute in imp/mailbox.php are all ok. but when I read a
>> message (imp/message.php) some messages show the umlaute in utf-8 (e.g. ü ->
>> ü).
>
> after deleting all files in my horde cache directory the problem seems to
> be gone

when I view a message for the first time the german-umlaute are all displaied
ok. after I log out from horde and login again, the content of the message
is stored as a file in my horde-cache directory. so when I now view the
message for the second time the umlaute are displaied in utf-8.

does anyone else have this problem?

thanks
tinu