[imp] Problems after upgrade from horde-3.0.7 -> horde-3.0.8

Luiz Morte morte at chsti.com
Tue Dec 13 11:13:03 PST 2005

Thierry Thomas wrote:

>Le Mar 13 déc 05 à 16:25:17 +0100, Luiz Morte <morte at chsti.com>
> écrivait :
>

>>Hi list,
>>

>Hello,
>

>>I?m trying to upgrade from a horde-3.0.7 to horde-3.0.8. After to finish
>>de upgrade, I can?t write any conf file for any
>>module.
>>
>>When I go to config/horde and try to write (Generate Horde
>>Configuration), the horde says:
>>"There was an error in the configuration form. Perhaps you left out a
>>required field."
>>

>8<   8<   8<
>

>>I?m using FreeBSD 6.0 and the version 3.0.7 was ok. I?m trying to see
>>permissions in /tmp and  .../horde, but everything is
>>ok (I think).
>>

>Do you use a port or a package? In this case, a copy of your previous
>files have been kept as .previous in Horde's config directory (e.g.
>/usr/local/www/horde/config/conf.php.previous) and you can restore them.
>
>Regards,

Hi Thierry,

I used to install always by ports. In that case, I´ve tried by ports and
after that by file from the site.

I´ve tried to copy the config files, but I can´t save anything after
that. It say that I have some fields (select fields)
with erros. If I restore the old version, everything works fine.

- Take a look in some problems:
1. What database backend should we use?
This field is required.
2. What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde?
This field is required
That fields are select fields. Always I have one selected item. I don´t
know why it says that I have a error here.

When I try to change, for example, the field "What backend should we use
for authenticating users to Horde?",
always the selected item return to "Let a Horde application handle
authentication". I am not able to change it.

Thanks,
Luiz Morte.