[imp] Reply style

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Thu Dec 15 08:57:47 PST 2005

Quoting "McCullough, Ryan" <rmccullough at rightnow.com>:

> Is there a way to change the reply character in IMP from > to | or other?
> How about different reply styles like replying with the original message
> attached? Replying with the original message deleted? And replying with the
> original message indented.

No.  And this is by design.  We format replies according to RFC 2646
(http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2646.html) which, if using a MUA that
supports the flowed format (like IMP), is the best (and only) way of
ensuring a properly formatted message on the receiving side - instead
of "emabarassing line wrap" that occurrs if using a non-standard reply
style.

michael