[imp] Authentication from DB

Alain Fauconnet alain at ait.ac.th
Mon Dec 19 19:11:59 PST 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 07:02:49PM -0800, HaitianZone wrote:
>     Can someone tell me which files should I modify in the Horde/IMP in order to authenticate my email users from a database table(MySQL) ?
>   Thanks.

User authentication is not done by Horde/IMP but by your underlying
IMAP (or POP) server.

So you want to configure your IMAP or POP to authenticate from a MySQL
back-end instead of the traditional /etc/passwd+shadow.
You may have to configure PAM for this if your plaform supports it.

Not knowing what IMAP or POP server you're using, it's difficult to be
more precise.

A Google search like "imap mysql user authentication" will give you a
lot of useful hits.

Greets,
_Alain_