[imp] compose focus

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Dec 20 14:46:45 PST 2005

Quoting nlin at newton.berkeley.edu:

> Hi
>
> I'm runing horde 3.0.7 and imp 4.0.4.
>
> When I hit the reply button, while using Firefox, the cursor focus, by
> default, goes into the text field.  This is how it's supposed to
> behave.  However, it always goes to the bottom of the text field, after
> the included original message.  Is that an HTML/javascript quirk?
>
> I'd like to be able to compose my email at the beginning of the text
> field.  Is there a way to configure imp to do that?  Or does anyone
> know of javascript (or html) code that will make the focus be at the
> top of the text field?

It is entirely dependent on your browser.  IE places the cursor at the
top.  Firefox places the cursor at the bottom.  If using Safari on a
Mac, cursor goes to the top.  Much requested configurable feature from
my folks but at the moment, its dependent on your browser.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator