[imp] imp cvs login/folders problem/patch

Vijay Mahrra vijay.mahrra at es.easynet.net
Mon Jan 2 07:10:40 PST 2006

Horde: 3.2-cvs
Imp: H3 (4.2-cvs)

Source: courier (0.47-4)
Version: 3.0.8-4
Depends: courier-imap (>= 1.3.7-3), courier-ssl (>= 0.47), openssl

Recently i have been having a problem using IMP CVS and reading folder
information (with courier imap server).

I found that hacking my config to use the following namespace information
and patching the imp/lib/Session.php (as attached) gets my folders to
appear.

I'm aware that that I am using the namespace array value incorrectly, but
I'm not sure how I should patch the IMP code such that I can use something
like:

    'namespace' => array('INBOX.')

instead and get it to set the other array values (below)

servers.php

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'example',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => true,
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'maildomain' => 'example.com',
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
    'namespace' => array('INBOX' => array(
                         'name' => 'INBOX',
                         'delimiter' => '.',
                         'type' => 'personal')
    ),
    'dotfiles' => false
);

The problem appears to originate in the imp/lib/IMAP/Client.php namespace
function as it returns an empty array when I tested it.  I need to look
further before I can submit a proper patch, but this hack works for now.

CAPABILITY/NAMESPACE returns the following

* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
THREAD=REFERENCES SORT ACL ACL2=UNION
030 OK CAPABILITY completed
040 NAMESPACE
* NAMESPACE (("INBOX." ".")) NIL (("#shared." ".")("shared." "."))
040 OK NAMESPACE completed.

vijay