[imp] imp cvs login/folders problem/patch

Graeme Wood Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 5 01:15:57 PST 2006

On 5 Jan 2006, at 07:12, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

>> CAPABILITY/NAMESPACE returns the following
>>
>> * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
>> THREAD=REFERENCES SORT ACL ACL2=UNION
>> 030 OK CAPABILITY completed
>> 040 NAMESPACE
>> * NAMESPACE (("INBOX." ".")) NIL (("#shared." ".")("shared." "."))
>> 040 OK NAMESPACE completed.
>
> Then you need to debug and figure out why IMAP_Client::namespace() is
> not returning any information.

The problem I have found with this (in respect to the latest version
of mimp but now that it has appeared in imp I am very concerned) is
that the IMAP_Client library seems to be an attempt to reinvent the
wheel, and it doesn't cover everything that the existing PHP IMAP
routines do. The most crucial thing for me is that it doesn't
implement GSSAPI authentication and anyone using an IMAP server in a
Kerberos environment will be left without any means of setting the
namespace correctly. I looked at trying to implement the GSSAPI stuff
in the library, but it looked like it was probably going to be a
gargantuan task. I really don't see the point of this library, to be
honest, when PHP itself supports everything that it provides.

=====
Graeme Wood                            Email: Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552