[imp] Horde login takes ages on Courier mailbox with 1000's folders

Warwick Bruce Chapman warwick at thusa.co.za
Thu Jan 5 04:03:43 PST 2006

Hi All

We have been happily using Courier/Horde for many years now, but
recently we replaced a Cyrus-based box with one of our own using Courier
and the client has been unhappy ever since!

Three of the mailboxes include 1500 or more folders (including all
subfolders) and it is only when logging into Horde as any of these three
users that problems occur.  Basically what happens is the login 'hangs'
for a up to 3 minutes, while the courier-imap process hits 100%.  I
assume that what is happening is Courier or Horde is trying to traverse
the entire tree of folders before login may complete.

These users accessing their mail from Outlook do not seem to experience
this problem from what I can see.

FYI, I am using horde-3.0.7 / imp-4.0.4 / php-4.4.0 / courier-imap-4.0.1
/ courier-authlib-0.57

Regards

--
Warwick Chapman
Marketing and Operations

Cellular: +27 83 7797 094
Telephone: +27 31 563 1180
Facsimile: +27 31 563 1182
Website: http://www.thusa.co.za

-- There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.