[imp] imp cvs login/folders problem/patch

Graeme Wood Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 5 08:18:05 PST 2006

On 5 Jan 2006, at 16:12, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Graeme Wood <Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk>:
>
>> OK so what doesn't it do
>
> Provide any namespace information.
>
>> and how is the problem of GSSAPI authenticated IMAP connections to
>> be solved?
>
> By a user like you submitting the code to make it work.

Yes but I suspect the problem is intractable unless the entire MIT
kerberos libraries are ported into PHP. What I don't understand is
why the IMAP client library is opening its own socket to the IMAP
server rather than using the PHP imap_open function. Whilst I can see
that the current PHP extension doesn't support the namespace
function, it seems rather odd to reimplement it all in PHP.  Is there
no way that this part of the process cannot be implemented using the
standard PHP imap extensions?

=====
Graeme Wood                            Email: Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552