[imp] folder weirdness

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Thu Jan 5 09:09:15 PST 2006

Quoting Kevin Konowalec <kevin at ualberta.net>:

> They show up just fine with that setting turned off.  Is depreciated
> in Imp 4.1?  How does 4.1 handle it?

It might not be until 4.2 - I can't remember off the top of my head.
The whole point is, with a correctly configured IMAP server, the fact
a folder contains a period in front of it is irrelevant.  If IMAP
folder functions return a folder name, then it is an IMAP folder -
IMAP subscriptions handle whether we show a folder or not.

This setting was put in here for UW-imap servers, but with the new
namespace code we require that people correctly configure their
UW-imap servers.  Therfore, there is no need for it anymore.

michael