[imp] imp cvs login/folders problem/patch

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Sun Jan 8 22:55:24 PST 2006

Quoting Graeme Wood <Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk>:

> Thanks Michael. The problem sounds even more intractable than I first
> feared.  Is there any way that the code for automatic detection of this
> stuff could fail silently and fallback to defaults set in the
> configuration?

No.  See a previous post of mine (unfortunately, I can't remember
where it is) when I discussed this.  In a nutshell: we are not going
to provide a "hackish way" around this because this will result in the
same thing we were trying to eliminate by changing the code: removing
any user input (and the *numerous* questions sure to follow) in
setting the namespace.  The correct solution: fix the IMAP_Client code
to work properly.

michael