[imp] ispell not working

Chris grooveman at comcast.net
Mon Jan 9 14:02:17 PST 2006

I beg your pardon, szo.  But I do not think this is correct, or at least
not complete.  I have moved ksh, sh and csh into my jail, and it is not
enough to make it work.  There must be something else needed.  Could you
tell me what it is?

I have likewise moved in a whole bunch of libriaries that it needed,
eventhough they were not included in the ldd output.

I went so far as to go to the shell (in an ssh session), and did a
"chroot /var/www /bin/ksh".  I executed ispell, and it craps out:

# ksh
# set -o vi
# chroot /var/www /bin/ksh
/bin/ksh: No controlling tty (open /dev/tty: No such file or directory)
/bin/ksh: warning: won't have full job control
# cd /usr/local/bin
# ls
buildhash defmt-sh  icombine  ispell    tryaffix
defmt-c   findaffix ijoin     munchlist uspell
# ./ispell
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.3.02 12 Jun 2005
word: [1] + Stopped (tty input)  ./ispell

It then just hangs on me... won't even let me exit the shell:
# exit
You have stopped jobs

I even went so far as to make a tty under /var/www/dev/tty -- but it
still does not work.  (mknod -m 666 /var/www/dev/tty c 1 0).

Can you tell me Szo, what is the trick to get this to work?