[imp] Unable to view / forward / send messages in certain charsets

John R MacMillan nba.ubeqr at weirdways.com
Mon Jan 16 18:15:46 PST 2006

| Try installing utf8locale-without-swidth, if that still exists in
| FreeBSD 6.

It's still in the ports tree, but if I try to build it, it says:

===>  utf8locale-without-swidth-040319_1 is already in your base system.

A bit of poking on Google seems to indicate it became part of the base
around 5.3 timeframe.

There do seem to be UTF-8 encodings of locales in /usr/share/locale and
basic localization of Horde seems to work (if I set my language
preference to French, I get French localized pages) but I still can't
view the problematic messages.