[imp] UW-IMAP Folders

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 17 04:51:07 PST 2006

List,

I have a Linux server running UW-IMAP.  When creating folders in IMP it
is impossible to create a subfolder under the basename folder since the
basename folder is a file and not a directory.  I'm wondering if anyone
has a backend or method for IMP so that when a folder is created a file
container is created but hidden from view?

E.G.:

Currently I create folder FOO in the top level.
FOO is created as a file on the server file system.
Now I can't create folder FOO/BAR because FOO is a file.
Wished for: FOO/.mbox is the created file on the server file system.
So that folder FOO/BAR can be created.
File system would then contain files FOO/.mbox and FOO/BAR/.mbox.
The IMP Folder display though would only show the folder directories.

|_FOO
  |_BAR

Earnie Boyd