[imp] UW-IMAP Folders

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 17 08:20:35 PST 2006

> Quoting Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net>:
>
>> I have a Linux server running UW-IMAP.  When creating folders in IMP it
>> is impossible to create a subfolder under the basename folder since the
>> basename folder is a file and not a directory.  I'm wondering if anyone
>> has a backend or method for IMP so that when a folder is created a file
>> container is created but hidden from view?
>
> You can use a different IMAP server (courier and cyrus both support
> subfolders of folders that contain mail), or you can create foo/bar in
> one shot.

I've used Courier before; but that wasn't my question.  I'm not looking
for different IMAP daemons that would do what I want; I'm looking for a
method or backend process that would allow me to do it with UW-IMAP.

Quoting "Gary W. Smith" <gary at primeexalia.com>:

> Earnie,
>
> To throw another reason to switch into it...  We used uw-imap for some
> years and it worked great until our users started collecting hundreds of
> mb's of email per folder then we saw noticeable performance degradation.
> We switch to Cyrus and it seems to be working great (in comparison to
> the few uw-imap servers we still have).

Well, thanks for the comments.  I am the only user.  I wish to have
UW-IMAP remain as the service at the moment.

Earnie Boyd