[imp] UW-IMAP Folders

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 18 03:59:52 PST 2006

Quoting Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar at fantomas.sk>:

>> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>> > You can use a different IMAP server (courier and cyrus both support
>> > subfolders of folders that contain mail), or you can create foo/bar in
>> > one shot.
>
> On 17.01 11:20, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>> I've used Courier before; but that wasn't my question.  I'm not looking
>> for different IMAP daemons that would do what I want; I'm looking for a
>> method or backend process that would allow me to do it with UW-IMAP.
>
> Then, you are off-topic because that's UW-IMAP problem, not horde/imp,
> and you want something that CAN NOT be done, because UW-IMAP does NOT allow
> that. Use other IMAP server. Return to courier or try e.g. dovecot

My question isn't off-topic.  My question relative to IMP was did
someone know of a backend or method to ...; how is that off-topic?  I
agree that if I were posting on imp-dev it would be off-topic; but this
is a users list.

As for UW-IMAP, I understand its shortcomings, I was just wondering if
anyone had a method or backend to overcome a shortcoming.  I'm not
asking that IMP developers provide a way or that IMP should just do it
that way.  I was simply asking, does anyone know of a method or backend
to accomplish my goal?  I received a response of, "don't use UW-IMAP"
which isn't answering my question but calling discredit to UW-IMAP.  I
just simply pointed out that my question isn't being addressed.

As for the "CAN NOT be done"; if I can do it manually then I can do it
programmaticly.  I was just wondering if someone had done it already
and willing to share how.  It can be done and eventually I will take a
look at the code.

This is my last post toward which IMAP server is better and my last
post toward whether or not it can be done; anyone responding to my
question, TIA.

Earnie Boyd