[imp] multi accounts

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 18 15:24:25 PST 2006

Quoting Guido Leisker <lists.gl at guido-leisker.de>:

>>> Dear all!
>>>
>>> Is there a way to manage multiple accounts with IMP? This time I can
>>> only manage one account by logging in one time.
>>> My association is that you can handle more accounts, just like with
>>> Thunderbird or KMAil.
> >
>> "Fetch Mail" is a configuration item on the "Options for Mail" screen.
>> And "Personal Information".
> >
>> You set up the contact info for the server to fetch from in the "Fetch
>> Mail" screen.  At the top of that screen is a link to "Edit your
>> preferences for accessing other mail accounts".  You can have the mail
>> fetched to differing folders.
> Do these accounts have to be sed by admin befor? Currently I log in the
> imp by typing my imap-server and the username and password form the
> imap-server. Thats runs.
> But so I can manage only one account still.

IMP->Options->Fetch Mail->Edit your preferences for accessing other
mail accounts->Create a New Account.

Account's name:  Mail Account Identification (for your use only)
Protocol: POP3 (Auto Detect Protocols)
Username: myuser at myhost.com
Password: *******
Server: mail.myhost.com
Remote Mailbox: Inbox
Local Mailbox: Folder/For/myuser/Inbox
[x] Delete fetched messages from remote server?

Save
Return to Fetch Mail
[x] Show the Fetch Mail icon on the menubar?
Save Options

Inbox
Fetch Mail (icon in the top menu).

HTH,