[imp] Opening Word Docs using Horde

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Jan 19 15:41:17 PST 2006

Quoting Dale Britt <dbritt at columbusinternational.com>:

> Hi
>
> We are unable to open Word Docs using Horde
>
> This error message comes up
>
> The program used to view this data type (/usr/bin/wvHtml) was not
> found on the system.
>
> How do we fix this?
>
> If I save a word doc first, it works fine

wvHtml is a viewer for Word Documents, which if it is to be used,
should be on the same server that your Horde install is (although I
guess if you were really hard up, you could install it on you local
machine and use it in place of NotePad :)  Its intended for use of
viewing Word documents where you might not have Word installed
(generally server side - Word doc gets converted to HTML).  When you
save the document, you're no longer dealing with Horde, but whatever
your local operating system has installed that handles Word documents.

Using wvHtml and saving a Word document are two different things - the
two icons invoke different mechanisms for viewing the document.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator