[imp] imp dbf attachment corruption

Nicola Murino n.murino at theorematica.it
Wed Feb 1 23:46:31 PST 2006

Dear all,

I'm having some problem sending dbf attachment from imp other attachment
seems to work fine,

my system is the following:

gentoo linux
apache-2.055
php-4.4.0
horde-3.0.9
imp-4.0.4

If I try to send dbf file as attachment from imp the file come
corrupted, other attachment seems to work fine,

I attach two file (from thunderbird):

-  giardino 06.dbf      I can open it using ms excel or other dbf viewer
such as cdbf (http://www.dbf-viewer.com/cdbf/), I attach this file from
an external webmail and send it to my account
- giardino 06-horde.dbf   doesn't work, I send as attachment using imp,

diff show that files differs:

diff giardino\ 06.dbf giardino\ 06-horde.dbf
Files giardino 06.dbf and giardino 06-horde.dbf differ

probably imp modify somenthing in this particular attachment type,

when I try to open with cdbf I get the following error:

"CDBF detected a few errors in a header of the database"

this is a bug or a my misconfiguration?

Step to reproduce:

open the file giardino 06.dbf it works, send it via imp, download and
try to reopen it doesn't work

thanks,

regards
Nicola