[imp] hordeauth fails with imp as initial_application

Marc Winiger marc.winiger at msys.ch
Thu Feb 2 01:52:27 PST 2006

Hi,

We have an installation running Horde 3.0.3 and IMP-h3 4.0.2. Our
customer wishes to have IMP as the initial_application.

Sometimes this works and sometimes, especially after deleting cookies,
it does not. If it does not work, the login is fine for the sidebar, but
the IMP does not show the inbox but another login form.

IMHO there is a problem on passing the hordeauth to the IMP. Perhaps
because of the order the scripts are called?

We are using LDAP authentication passed with 'hordeauth' to the imp module.

Does anybody know if this is a configuration issue or a horde/imp bug? I
tried a lot of configuration stuff, but we have this Problem on 3
different Servers with different horde/imp-versions.

Below you find some configuration parts.

Thanks,
Marc

horde/registry.php

$this->applications['horde'] = array(
     'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/..',
     'webroot' => $webroot,
     'name' => _("EduBS Webportal"),
     'status' => 'active',
     'templates' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../templates',
     'provides' => 'horde'
);

$this->applications['imp'] = array(
     'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../imp',
     'webroot' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/imp',
     'initial_page' => 'login.php',
     'name' => _("Mail"),
     'status' => 'active',
     'provides' => 'mail',
);

config/prefs.php

// what application should we go to after login?
$_prefs['initial_application'] = array(
     'value' => 'imp',
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => true,
     'type' => 'select',
     'desc' => sprintf(_("What application should %s display after
login?"), $GLOBALS['registry']->get('name'))
);

imp/servers.php

$servers['imap'] = array(
     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
     'server' => '127.0.0.1',
     'hordeauth' => true,
     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
     'quota' => array('driver' => 'courier'),
     'port' => 143,
     'folders' => 'INBOX.',
     'namespace' => '',
     'maildomain' => 'company.ch',