[imp] hordeauth fails with imp as initial_application

Marc Winiger marc.winiger at msys.ch
Thu Feb 2 11:57:14 PST 2006

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Marc Winiger <marc.winiger at msys.ch>:
>>We have an installation running Horde 3.0.3 and IMP-h3 4.0.2. Our
>>customer wishes to have IMP as the initial_application.
>>
>>Sometimes this works and sometimes, especially after deleting cookies,
>>it does not. If it does not work, the login is fine for the sidebar, but
>>the IMP does not show the inbox but another login form.
>
> How is this supposed to work reliably if you delete cookies?

If I log in after deleting cookies, reboot or closing browser, the auth
informations are not passed to the initial_application (imp).
On the left: Sidebar, everything ok. Browsing the IMAP Folders is possible.
On the right: "Welcome to Horde", "Login failed", an empty List to
choose an IMAP Server and the Loginform.

If I click on the INBOX or a Folder in the Sidebar, that works fine.
Only loading the INBOX as initial_application results to "Login failed".

Sometimes it happens after logout/login without closing the browser, but
in that case it often works fine.

It looks for me like the auth information are not yet available when the
  imp/INBOX is loaded as the initial application.

Marc.