[imp] today's CVS: sidebar errors and no folders at all

Volker Then vt at volkerthen.com
Sat Feb 4 00:21:57 PST 2006

Quoting Volker Then <vt at volkerthen.com>:

> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at mail.curecanti.org>:
>
>> Quoting Volker Then <vt at volkerthen.com>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> after today's update of the CVS version and/or HEAD version of imp
>>> (neither works), I'm getting the following errors in the sidebar:
>>>

>>> Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in
>>> /var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/IMAP/Client.php on line 561
>>
>> I can't reproduce this.  What method is IMP_IMAPClient using to login
>> to your IMAP server (e.g. digest-md5, cram-md5, authenticate, or login)?
>>

> I don't know exactly how to figure this out, but I think it's just
> simple login. At least that's what the logfile says: "Feb  3 20:34:05
> vt imap-login: Login: vt [127.0.0.1]"
> --

After logging in it takes quite a time, up to a minute, for the portal
to appear. Seems that imp is trying to determine the folder structure,
without success. I had to switch back to imp-4.1-RC2, which is doing
well now. I would use courier-imap instead of dovecot, if courier
wouldn't have this silly folders structure with every foder a
subfolder of INBOX. (It makes absolutely no sense that sent-mail
should be a subfolder of the incoming mail folder).

Volker