[imp] Direct Maildir Access

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Feb 5 09:17:40 PST 2006

Quoting Greg Swift <gsml at netops.gvtc.com>:

> On that same note, where would one start if they wanted to add this?  I
> may not be able to code it entirely myself, but I'm a fairly decent php
> programmer as well as sysadmin, but I have access to some coders, so
> that if it was a reasonable task I would gladly pursue it.

It's something we've talked about on and off several times. What would
need to happen is to write a mail-access abstraction library. You'd
then replace all imap_* calls in IMP with calls to that library. The
abstraction lib would include a driver for using imap_* calls, and
then whatever other drivers people wanted to write. Direct mailbox
access (in whatever format), etc.

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships