[imp] Table width for arrival date

Frederik Holst horde at traintraveltogether.de
Wed Feb 15 05:53:56 PST 2006

Dear list,

I realized that there must have been a change from IMP 3.0 Alpha to
current versions when it comes to the table column width of the
arrival date.
Before it was possible to read the arrival date in full (like
Thursday, 16th February 2006). Now table width is at 10% which means
that on a standard resolution like my 1024*768, the date string gets
cut off after the day of the week. This is inconvenient when you
browse back a few pages in order to find a mail from a specific date.

My suggestions would be as follows:

a) Make it possible to set the date string from full day of the week
and full month to something like "Thu, 16.02.2006" (maybe this is
already possible and I'm too dumb to find it?)

b) let users set table width for each column through preferences (my
preferred option)

c) set arrival date column width to 16%, then it works on Firefox and
Internet Explorer and cut Subject column accordingly. This is how I
hard-coded it at the moment.

Besides, thanks a zillion times for this great piece of software. It's
the best e-mail program I've ever used!

Cheers,

Frederik.