[imp] Performance and PHP accel question

lst_hoe01@kwsoft.de lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de
Tue Feb 21 03:40:48 PST 2006

[-- snip --]

> Question #2: can the current box give me fast enough service (let's say
> < 5 sec waiting time) for Horde/Imp if I move all other functions to the
> new box? I consider using some of the tips in Horde/docs/PERFORMANCE, a
> PHP accelerator and the mcrypt module.

On a slower Hardware we got a speedup by 2-3 with using mcrypt
(dropdown in CPU load) and PHP accelerator (page delivery speed).
This should get you a real performance boost for your installation.
Using mcrypt and PHP accelerator should be mandatory for all sites
doing more than some home users...

> Question #3: which _free_ PHP accelerator do you recommend, what is your
> experience with them?

If you are using php4

http://www.php-accelerator.co.uk/

Installed and worked without any trouble.

Regards

Andreas