[imp] Apache hangs at 99% CPU after forwarding a Mail

Muenz, Michael linux at leute.server.de
Thu Feb 23 02:14:09 PST 2006

Dear List,

I've a problem with ony one mail encoded with charset ISO-8859-2.
Not 1, it's 2! The server works great since months, but with this on mail
my apache hangs at 99% CPU and eats all my mem. No errors, no logs
and compose window stays on top.
I've restarted it again and deleted line by line in mail. There must be an
error in the encoding. After removing the following part of the mail I can
forward it (text was in the middle of the body):

|---------+-------------+------------------------------------------->
|         |(Embedded    |                Name                 |
|         |image moved  |                <email at address|
|         |to file:     |                      .de>                       |
|         |pic02862.gif)|                                           |
|         |             |                                           |
|         |             |                22.02.2006 17:15           |

name at address4.de                     |
  |      Thema:       Re: Anfrage                                      =

Any ideas? I can upload the full raw email if somebody is interested.
Thanks,

Michael