[imp] Unexplained session problems

amy.rich@tufts.edu amy.rich at tufts.edu
Mon Feb 27 08:09:43 PST 2006

>> Our users have been complaining that they are getting booted out of their
>> sessions without explanation.  They are well within the timeout values set
>> in php.ini.  I've tried it myself and sure enough even just leaving imp
>> open to the inbox, refreshing automatically every few minutes, I get kicked
>> off with a "Login Failed" message fairly quickly.  Other users have
>> reported getting booted to the login screen on submitting an email as if
>> the session had timed out but they hadn't been logged in long enough to
>> have had garbage collection
>>
>> I get the following error:
>>
>> Feb 07 14:01:30 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to
>> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:143[imap] as someuser [on line 247 of "/var/www/horde/
>> imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]
>>
>> Has anyone else experienced this?

shadowofthefallen> Yes, I've seen it happening quite a bit on Plesk 7.5.4 VPS
shadowofthefallen> systems, though we've been unable to determine the exact
shadowofthefallen> cause.

We had the same issue and tracked it down to a problem with cookie expiration.
See http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=3386 for our bug report and (untested)
patch to improve the situation.