[imp] User logged out

Hedley Thomas hedley at tactics.co.uk
Thu Mar 2 06:27:34 PST 2006

Hi Imp List,

I have been having a problem for several months with one of my clients who
cannot view more than a few messages before he is logged out with a message
"You have logged in from another location."

I have searched the FAQ's and Google on many occasions and have not been
able to rectify this problem.  I was advised to changed the line:

$conf['server']['change_server'] = true;

To be true rather than false but this has made no difference other than to
bring up a server text box at the log in screen that is populated with
localhost.

My client works for a large bank and I expect they use multiple firewalls /
proxies and he is hitting the server with a different IP for each request.
I am sure it is a security measure to not allow logins from multiple IPs but
is it possible to change this so he does not keep getting logged out?

Thanks,

Hedley