[imp] IMP 4.1 + UW-IMAP

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Tue Mar 7 01:42:40 PST 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm the server admin for a reasonably large Horde+IMP deployment.
I was hoping to upgrade to the latest Horde+IMP release but I'm
stuck on replacing the 'folders' option in my IMP setup.

I don't want people to scream "don't use UW-IMAP", "change your
IMAP server", "twiddle /etc/c-client.conf", "recompile UW-IMAP"
because of two reasons:

* (A lot of) clients have their IMAP-speaking mail client configured
  with the 'Folder Prefix' option already, and changing that would
  be a nightmare,

* I/We don't administer the IMAP servers for the other departments
  I provide this Webmail service to.

Leaving it alone also isn't an option; some people have rather large
home directories and asking Horde to generate the folder list/javascript
folder list requires far, far too much RAM. Lots, even.

So, here I am, hat in my hand and all, asking for some assistance
in convincing this IMP 4.1 installation to emulate what the good
ol 'folders' option did in IMP 4.0.4. I have tried fiddling with
the namespaces and imapserver options in imp/config/servers.php but
thus far I've had no luck.

Has anyone made it work? Can I have some hints or examples please?

Thanks!

Adrian