[imp] SMIME support broken?

Harakiri harakiri_23 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 03:43:09 PST 2006

Since i never experienced IMP 4.0 (only the 4.1 RCs) i
thought this was a design problem.

I can tell you that IMP SMIME support has major memory
leaks or just not optimized coding.

I tried to decrypt a 10 MB Email with PHP having 256MB
Memory - after a while i got the same messages as you
(i was the only client connecting to the server btw).
The message seems to be cloned multiple times while
decrypting and giving them from one handler to another
- maybe its a problem with the Cache classes i dunno.
All i can say that IMPs SMIME support is not useful
for any email over 2-3MB.

--- Max-4004 <max-4004 at terragate.net> wrote:

> I did an upgrade from Horde 3.0 to 3.1 and IMP 4.0
> to 4.1.
> If I open an SMIME signed email I get:
>
> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes
> exhausted (tried to
> allocate 1818838687 bytes) in

/var/www/webapps/horde.new/htdocs/lib/Horde/SessionObjects.php