[imp] link to show/hide deleted messages

Graeme Wood Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 14 07:56:26 PST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Marc Fellman wrote:

> 2006/3/14, Graeme Wood <Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk>:

> > > You are using Thread Sorting.  We can't hide deleted messages using
> > > thread sorting because there is no way with PHP's imap library we can
> > > sort by thread on anything less than the full mailbox.
> >
> > How do you know that? I am sorry but you are wrong. I am not using Thread
> > Sorting. I checked that and I also checked all the preference settings
> > that might influence it.
>
> I'm also not using thread sorting (sorting on arrival order).

In any case, if I was using Thread Sorting and for it to have an effect I
would need to be in the first clause in that if statement and not the
second clause, which I patched.  It may well be true that that clause
needs to be expanded to:

$ret_array = array('purge' => true);
$ret_array['hide'] = ($this->sortby() != SORTTHREAD);

but it then just becomes the same as the first clause result.