[imp] moving prefs from LDAP to Mysql (2nd try)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Mar 17 10:15:02 PST 2006

Zitat von Thierry Voyat <Thierry.Voyat at ac-amiens.fr>:

> Jan Schneider a écrit :
>> Zitat von Thierry Voyat <Thierry.Voyat at ac-amiens.fr>:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to migrate the preferences from LDAP to Mysql database.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to save preferences at the same time on LDAP and Mysql
>>> (to remove LDAP thereafter?)
>>
>> Not unless you write a composite prefs driver. And even then you won't
>> be able to migrate all prefs.
>  >
>  > Jan.
>  >

> But if i can load from ldap and save to LDAP _AND_ mysql for a month
> (+/-), i can then switch to Mysql alone. No ?

No, because you can't assume that all existing preferences will be
saved again during this period. It even is very unlikely because most
preferences are set once in the beginning, and never again.

> Could you just tell me more about "write a composite prefs driver"
> thanks again.

Not in a single mail. Composite is development pattern that is used to
deal with two objects of similar classes at the same time.

For your case you rather want to write a script that reads all users'
preferences from a Prefs_sql instance and write them to a Prefs_ldap
instance.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/