[imp] Searching a Shared Address Book?

S. Petty spetty01 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 04:20:56 PST 2006

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von "S. Petty" <spetty01 at gmail.com>:
>
>> I've been trying to figure out how to search a shared address book
>> tonight, but am not having any luck.
>>
>> I'm using 4.1, and only have a single source, 'localsql', but within it
>> I created a shared address book titled 'Our Employees' which I set the
>> permissions on to Show/Read for All Authenticated Users.  I'd like this
>> address book to be searched when new mail is composed.
>>
>> In prefs.php I have "localsql" set as the source, and for search fields
>> "localsql\tname\talias"
>>
>> What I'm not clear on is how I specify a particular address book within
>> 'localsql' - or if that's even possible.  Searching is working, because
>> I can create a contact and alias in "My Address Book" and it is properly
>> located and expanded.
>
> I'm confused. Are you telling it is working, or is it not working?
>
> Jan.

Sorry, Jan.  After re-reading that I can see the contradiction.
Probably shouldn't write messages late at night.

The overall ability to search works, since I can create a contact in "My
Address Book" and it will expand correctly when I enter an alias in the
To: field.  BUT, if I have a contact/alias in the "Our Employees"
address book within the 'localsql' source, they are not searched, and do
not expand.  Basically, the only address book that is being searched is
"My Address Book."  None of the shared address books are being searched,
even though they reside in the 'localsql' source.

So it is not working entirely.  And my question is - How do I specify
the name of a shared address book to make it searchable in the compose
window of IMP?

Thanks.		Sean