[imp] More fun with IMP 4.1 + UW-IMAP

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Mon Mar 20 19:08:46 PST 2006

Hiya,

I've configured up IMP 4.1 + UW-IMAP but at the present I'm unable to
change the IMAP server configuration. This means that I'm having to use
the unsupported namespaces hack to restrict folder access to the folder
"mail" under the users homedir.

This sort of works. The places I've noticed it not:

* The 'Folder' dropdown box on the top right of the IMP screen. In my version
  it seems to be pulling in my whole homedir still
* The IMP 'Search' page also does this
* One user in particular is triggering this error:

The folder "" contains illegal characters in its name. It may cause problems. Please see your system administrator.

Which, when I prod the code (imp/lib/Folder.php v 1.130.10.35) it seems to
be feeding the whole Homedir into this list again.

Relevant entry from imp/config/servers.php (with the server name snipped):

$servers['staff'] = array(
    'name' => 'staff',
    'server' => 'staff server',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'namespace' => array(),
    'imap_config' => array(
      'children' => true,
      'namespace' => array(
          '' => array(
            'name' => 'mail/',
            'delimiter' => '/',
            'type' => 'personal',
            'hidden' => false
          ),
      ),
      'search_charset' => true
    ),
    'maildomain' => 'staff domain',
    'smtphost' => 'staff host',
    'realm' => 'staff realm',
    'preferred' => 'staff',
);

Does this look right? Have I missed anything?

Adrian