[imp] Error connecting to IMAP server. 22 : Invalid argument.

Troy troy at twisted.net
Tue Mar 21 04:54:06 PST 2006

I'm running imp 4.1. I recently built a new machine and converted my settings that I've been
using for years. I was on the same version on my last machine as this
machine and for some strange reason I'm receiving

Error connecting to IMAP server. 22 : Invalid argument.

when trying to login to imp.  My other programs all converted over (horde,
turba, kronolith, mnemo, nag) without any incident.

The server configuration from servers.php has the following:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
    'port' => 993,
    'folders' => 'Mail/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'foo.bar.com',
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
    'dotfiles' => false,
    'hierarchies' => array()
);

Upon further looking if I go into the options screen for imp I equally get
the following errors at the top:

Notice: Undefined index: imp in /usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on
line 1234

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 1239

Notice: Undefined index: base_protocol in
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 1198

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 1207

Notice: Undefined index: base_protocol in
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 1198

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 1207

Notice: Undefined index: base_protocol in
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 927

Notice: Undefined index: base_protocol in
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 948

Anyone have a reason why this is failing?

Thanks,

-Troy