[imp] IMP H3 (4.1) errors in emails with Contentcharset=us-ascii

Andrew Danne andrewd at melbourne.sgi.com
Wed Mar 22 16:35:26 PST 2006

Horde 3.1 with IMP H3 (4.1) using IMAP email. SLES9.2 ia64.

I am attempt to track down if this is a problem in IMP, HORDE, pear packages or
a mime config somewhere.

When reading certain types of text emails I get a blank or DNS error'd frame in
IMP using IE or no action if using Mozilla etc...

1. I can load into IMP all my known emails and the From, Subject are OK.
2. I can read display all emails that DO NOT have a Content-type: with charset=us-ascii
    in either the Header or the Body of the email.
3. I can save ALL emails include Item 2s into notes and view them in notes.
4. I can forward them as an attachment correctly.
5. These emails can be read with out problem with pine and other email readers.

Seems MIME related to me. Could this be IMAP related?

SUSE Apache 2.0 errors a thread:
[notice] child pid 16355 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

On a read of one of the files that contains a the charset=us-ascii

The problem is not case dependant: charset=us-ascii or charset=US-ASCII will
cause this.

Any pointers to whats going on? How can I diagnose this?
php logging as E_ALL, horde logging as  PEAR_LOG_DEBUG dont show any thing
that different between a good / bad read.

Any pointers? It there away to trace PHP in Apache to see what module or PHP
code could be going wrong?

-- Andrew Danne