[imp] Error connecting to IMAP server. 22 : Invalid argument.

Troy Dixler troy at twisted.net
Thu Mar 23 04:21:40 PST 2006

> In the horde.log I'm getting the following errors:
>
> Mar 21 19:41:06 HORDE [error] [imp] Error connecting to IMAP server. 22 :
> Invalid argument. [on line 473 of
> "/usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/IMAP/Client.php"]

This is not the configuration you were using when you got that
message. The line in the error message should only be called if you
configured the protocol to use TLS connections.

This is the configuration that I am using:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
    'port' => 993,
    'maildomain' => 'foo.bar.net',
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
);

I have never changed it to imap/tls/novalidate-cert and am still receiving
this message.

-Troy