[imp] Can't create subfolders with UW-IMAP

Andreas Vögele voegelas at gmx.net
Thu Mar 30 22:17:34 PST 2006

I can't create subfolders with UW-IMAP when using IMP 4.1 or IMP
4.1.1-cvs.  For example, if a user tries to create a subfolder B in
folder A he gets the following error message:

The folder "A/B" was not created. This is what the server said: CREATE
failed: Can't create mailbox node /home/peter/mail/A/: File exists

We have always used "set mail-subdirectory mail" in /etc/c-client.cf, so
we didn't get the problems that others had with UW-IMAP when they
switched to IMP 4.1.  I've just recompiled UW-IMAP with the patch from
the Horde wiki and removed the mail-subdirectory setting from
/etc/c-client.cf. But I still can't create subfolders.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

This is our server configuration:

$servers['imap'] = array(
     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
     'server' => 'localhost',