[imp] Migration probs: horde_prefs from old horde/imp readonly in new horde/imp

Andreas Geesen ag at netside.de
Mon Apr 10 02:40:06 PDT 2006

Im about to switch my company over from an old horde/imp setup over to a
newer version. To assure that everything works i made a test with one of
the older logins and discovered following problem.

old version: |Horde 3.0.6 / Imp H3 (4.0.4)
new version: ||Horde 3.2-cvs / Imp H3 (4.2-cvs)

When logging in on the new version with a login that never had been used
with the new version before i can't persistently change that users
preferences. eg. the refresh-cycle for new-mail-checks were changed from
5 min to 1 min and the result was viewable while i was logged on.
After logging out and re-loging in the old value of 5 min was active again.

A quick test on a test-account that i used with the new-version only
showed that the change of parameters works on the new version. And the
name of the preferences as well as the syntax of that values haven't
changed (at least they seem to be the same).

Has anyone had similar problems? I don't want to clear all user
preferences. Can't imagine what my colleagues would do to me.

Thanks for any comment
Regards
    A. Geesen