[imp] Filesystem Quotas

Dominaux, Craig C CCDominaux at cbe.ab.ca
Mon Apr 10 08:45:20 PDT 2006

Hi All

Is there a way to read the File system Quota status of a user where the
Maildir directories are on the Backend box and IMP is on the frontend
box.

This is what I'm trying to accomplish.  Setup File system quotas for IMP
and GOLLEM where the student has a 200MB soft limit they can use for
either or.
Hard Limit is set for 220MB with a grace period of 7 days. I need the
quotas in real time or as close to real time as possible, and don't want
to mount the HOME Directory to the front end.

I've tried to set a cron job to run repquota -a; output to text file and
mount that as read only to the front end modifying the command.php to
grep that file instead.
I've also modified gollems code slightly to read IMP quota.

Everything works, but the repquota command takes about 15 minutes to run
when there are 100,000 accounts.

I'm using Horde 3.1, IMP 4.1, and Gollem 1.0.2
Courier-Imap, and postfix.

Operating Systems: Enterprise Linux 4 on front end, Solaris 9 on
backend.

Any suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks,

Craig C Dominaux,