[imp] Multipart/MIME with RFC822 parts not getting attached on forward.

Adrian Chung adrian-imp at enfusion-group.com
Thu Apr 13 11:00:24 PDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 01:45:04PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Adrian Chung <adrian-imp at enfusion-group.com>:
>
> >With both 4.1 and 4.1.1, when forwarding a message that contains
> >rfc822 attachments (multipart/MIME), the rfc822 parts don't get
> >attached, inlined, or included in the original message body on a
> >forward.
> >
> >Is this intended behaviour?
>
> Possibly not, and possibly related to
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=3381

May be related, doesn't quite look the same though as it looks like
this particular bug dealth with text/html ending up attached, and
text/plain ending up in the editable text window.

For some reason, in my case, the text/plain rfc822 part just gets
dropped, doesn't appear anywhere.

>From what I can tell it's because the MIME multipart boundary has a
'.' in it, and the logic in the getDownloadAllList() function for
$forward == true only attaches the original part if it doesn't contain
a period.

--
Adrian Chung (adrian at enfusion-group dot com)
GPG Fingerprint: C620 C8EA 86BA 79CC 384C E7BE A10C 353B 919D 1A17