[imp] Performance after upgrade

Tornoci Laszlo torlasz at xenia.sote.hu
Wed Apr 19 04:55:24 PDT 2006

Stephen A. Cochran Lists wrote:

> I just upgraded from Horde 3.0.x/IMP 4.0.3 to Horde 3.1.1/IMP 4.1.1.
>
> Before the upgrade, the CPU was mostly idle. After the upgrade I've
> noticed fairly poor performance. I just logged on and apache was using
> 100% of the CPU:

> Restarting apache seems to have cleared the CPU log for now, but any
> idea what could cause the httpd processes to all suck so much CPU time?

I have the same experience. I never had runaway apache processes before.
Since upgrading from Horde 3.0.x/IMP 4.0.x to Horde 3.1/IMP 4.1,
however, I get stuck httpd processes from time to time, eating the CPU
cycles, and pushing the load higher and higher to a point that the
service becomes unusable. I actually had to write a small script to
monitor the load and restart apache if needed. Really-really ugly!

I don't know if it is a bug in IMP or elsewhere, but I *know* it gets
triggered since the Horde/IMP upgrade, and I haven't changed anything
else on the server.

                                     Yours: Laszlo