[imp] Display of folders from Cyrus IMAPD

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Apr 20 11:44:17 PDT 2006

In the old versions of IMP (4.0.x and older), IMP was displaying the
folders from my Cyrus servers like:

INBOX
     Subfolder1
     Subfolder2
Shared folder

Which is the way folders exist on IMAP server, the way they are
reported by IMAP server, and the way every mail client in known
universe (that I've been using so far) displays them.

IMP 4.1 attempts to be "smart" and autodetect things.  And as soon as
it smells Cyrus on the other side it starts displaying my folders as:

INBOX
Subfolder1
Subfolder2
Shared folder

Basically same braindamaged thing as when setting "namespace" option
to 'INBOX.' in older versions of IMP.

This is extremely confusing.  My folders appear at the same level as
the shared folders...  If one of my folders has same name as one of
the shared folders, there's no way to tell which is which in IMP 4.1.
Any way to get old behaviour back?  I do want to see my folders as
subfolders of INBOX (the way they exist on my IMAP server).

I've tried mocking with namespace option, but couldn't get things to work.

--
See Ya' later, alligator!
http://www.8-P.ca/