[imp] Send a return receipt

erno@birosag.hu erno at birosag.hu
Wed Apr 26 02:57:04 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have a problem with Horde/imp when trying to request a return receipt.
I sent a mail from one account to another with 'Request a Read
Receipt' and 'Request Delivery Confirmation' but opening the message
with Imp none of them was sent back.
There was no pop-up window or sg. Is it normal?
After I tried to connect with another IMAP client (Thunderbird) and it
asked me to send the read receipt back or not.
I tried to search for the answere but I only found read receipts
related topics from 2000-2001.

Why I ask about read receipts?

We are planning to set up a closed 'notify system' where users
couldn't deny to open the message, that's way we choosed a webmail
where we could (I hope so) modify easilly the code to always send
return receipts. But now imp won't do it :-(

Thanks,
Erno Horvath