[imp] IMAP recommendations anyone?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 27 11:11:12 PDT 2006

Quoting "Chris H." <fbsd at 1command.com>:

>>> I already have 1.0. Which is what I will be testing/ installing.
>>
>> Hasn't been released yet, so you can't have it...
>
> Huh? It's in my ports tree. Came with my OS. I already looked.
> :-)>

You have 1.0-alpha.something or 1.0-beta.something but you don't have
1.0 as a released product because it hasn't been released yet.

Just because your OS and other OS versions like Fedora ship with it
doesn't mean that the author has released it...  The most resent
release was 1.0.beta7 on 12 April 2006.

Not that I am saying you shouldn't use what you have.  I just said
I personally was waiting until Timo Sirainen releases what he considers
to be a proper 1.0 release...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics