[imp] identities

Grelaud Fabrice f.grelaud at drimm.u-bordeaux1.fr
Mon May 8 07:38:22 PDT 2006

Quoting Stuart Morrison <sjm at sjmorrison.net>:

> Grelaud Fabrice wrote:
>
>> Quoting "Chris H." <fbsd at 1command.com>:

>>> Am I missing something here? If using sendmail on a NIX box, you can
>>> assign aliases for any individual you wish. I have found that IMP
>>> (with an IMAP server) correctly expands the available aliases for
>>> the user. Thereby only permitting the choice of*valid* aliases for
>>> for the sender.
>>> Is this not your desired goal?
>>>
>>> --Chris H.

>>> --
>>> Shameless self-promotion follows...
>>> ... or does it?

>>> FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p12 (SMP - 900x2) Tue Mar 7 19:37:23 PST 2006
>>> /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>>>

>> If it was an alias ? My user have his own student's box, i could
>> attach an alias
>> at this box. Sure... but not in my case where I can't attach a functionnal
>> address like secretariat at domain.tld to a person, i 've to use a functionnal
>> box, independent. And now I would like my student compose message in
>> imp with
>> this address. My problem, default_identity, from_address are locked for
>> students.
>>
>> That's it...
>>

> It is not something I have had to do but:
>
> Do you want your student to choose which from_address he is using?
>
> If not and you are using a database preference backend can you not
> just change the from_address in the relevant record?
>
> If you do want the student to choose the from address I would have
> thought you could use a custom hook.
>
> HTH
>
> Regards
>
> Stuart Morrison

Hi,

In horde, my student have a default_identity whith his student's from_address
obtained from LDAP and all locked.
On my mail server, i 've got a virtual_address
(secretariat_student at domain.tld)
which is redirected towards the student's address.
So, by imp, he receives these own mails and mails from the functionnal box.
The problem: He can't send mail with the functionnal from_address box,
only with
his own student's from-address.
Notice: to date, this is a redirection, but it will be a functionnal
box shared
by the student with rights access (we use Cyrus imap). Log in horde with his
student's account and then see the mails from the shared box. The problem is
the same as before, he can't compose message with the good from_address.

So i need for this student two fields "from_address" (his own and the
functionnal).

Thanks for all yours answers and yours reflexions.