[imp] Missing purge [Re-port?]

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon May 8 22:56:50 PDT 2006

Quoting Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net>:

> (sorry if this is a re-post, but I never got a copy back of my post=
>
> Running HEAD-CVS from Friday.
>
> In the "Deleting and moving messages" I have the following.
>
> Return to the mailbox listing after deleting, moving, or copying
> a message?  [Unchecked]
>
> What should we do with spam messages after they have been reported as
> spam
> or innocent? [Nothing]
>
> When deleting messages, move them to your Trash folder instead of
> marking
> them as deleted? [Unchecked]
>
> Use Virtual Trash Folder? [Unchecked]
>
> Trash Folder [None]
>
> Display the "Empty Trash" link in the menubar? [Checked]
>
> Display the "Empty Spam" link in the menubar?  [Unchecked]
>
> Yet, when I delete a message in my Inbox, it is removed from the list
> (but
> it still "counts" as a message in the left pane menu list for INBOX).

This is expected behavior.  If you delete the message, but don't view
it, it is still marked as unread.  On the sidebar (and in the folders
screen) we are showing the number of unread messages, not unread &
undeleted messages.

> There is no "Purge deleted" link anywhere, and neither is there a "show
> /
> hide deleted messages" either.

Then you must be in the Virtual Inbox folder. (If you don't believe
me, look at lines 265-267 in mailbox.php.  The *only* way the purge
links won't show up is if you are in a virtual inbox folder - since
you already mentioned above you have deselecting use trash and use
virtual trash.)

michael