[imp] Messages remain in trash folder

eculp@encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Wed May 10 05:42:48 PDT 2006

Quoting Volker Then <vt at volkerthen.com>:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> sunny greetings to the horde developer team!
>>>
>>> After today's CVS update emptying the trash folder is not working
>>> anymore. Imp says that all messages were deleted, but they all remain
>>> in the trash folder. Debug log gives no information at all. I'm using
>>> the dovecot IMAP server.
>>
>> works fine here.
>>
>> michael
>>

> Michael,
>
> I'm still trying to figure it out, why emptying of the trash folder
> is  not working. Updated again today, but still no succcess... The
> old  horde installation ( < April, 25) is working fine.
>
> The debug log gives no vital information. What has been changed since
>  April 25?

Just to let you know that you aren't alone, I'm seeing this too but
haven't had time to report it. I also see it with the spam folder.  I
just did a cvs update and tried again to be sure it was still a valid
problem and it hasn't changed.  I put a screenshot of the results of
trying to empty spam at http://encontacto.net/share/emptySpam.png that
shows the  "Emptied all messages from Spam" message with the full Spam
folder listing.

Since few people seem to be seeing this could it be a php, pear or
other external problem?  I'm using:
  hordeauth with ldap
  php5-5.1.4 w/same version extentions
  eaccelerator-0.9.5.b2  ( tested with and without - no change)
  PEAR                 1.4.9
  courier-0.52.2   (courier suite)

I'll list the pear packages at the end because now with horde included
they are numerous.

I have no idea what would make this installation specific.

thanks,

ed