[imp] IMP issues via Dovecot 1beta8

Eric heli at mikestammer.com
Tue May 16 06:57:52 PDT 2006

Versions in use:

Address Book (turba)  H3 (2.1.1)
Calendar (kronolith) H3 (2.1.1)
File Manager (gollem) H3 (1.0.2)
Filters (ingo) H3 (1.1.1)
Horde (horde) 3.1.1
Mail (imp) H3 (4.1.1)
Tasks (nag) H3 (2.1)

does anyone else use Horde/IMP that can share their servers.php setup? I
am getting weird behavior with IMP not showing my INBOX and sub folders,
etc. and i am not sure if its an IMP issue or Dovecot.  It was giving me
problems yesterday, then it cleared up, but now its acting up again.
mail clients like Thunderbird work fine tho. I am seeing this in the
logs a lot:

[Tue May 16 08:08:21 2006] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Warning:
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 1197, referer:
https://somesite/horde/services/portal/sidebar.php

Line 1197 looks like this:

  foreach ($_SESSION['imp']['namespace'] as $key => $val) {
           if (!empty($key) && (strpos($mailbox, $key) === 0)) {
               $cache[$key][$mailbox] = $val;
               return $val;
           }
       }

Anyone have any tips or ideas? The last thing I updated before this
started (or seemed to) was Ingo to version 1.1.1.

I have tried different browsers (firefox and IE) via a squid proxy and
Microsoft ISA server to no avail.  What is happening is i am not getting
the tree menu to show up on the left side after i login.  if i refresh i
see the tree, but no mailboxes are displayed.

here is my servers.php settings:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
//  'server' => 'somedomain.com',