[imp] Very slow log-on, not an IMAP issue

Bas Rijniersce bas at brijn.nu
Tue May 23 08:43:19 PDT 2006

Hello,

I recently rebuild my Horde/Imp setup but ran into a problem that makes it
unworkable at the moment. Distro is CentOS 4.3.2 with the Horde/Imp RPM's:
horde-3.1.1-1.c4
imp-h3-4.1-1.c4

Horde authentication is configured to use IMP. IMP uses IMAP (dovecot) for
authentication. Initially I had export the horde_prefs table from the old
install to the new one. For my userid everthing worked perfect. I logged on,
and in 2 seconds I had my full mailbox. For other user however, logon takes
minutes. When I deleted the content from horde_prefs, I started to have the
same problem.

The IMAP server is fine, logon with a mail client is fast.

What I noticed is that the slowness seems to come from the Horde side menu..
When my logon was quick I didn't have the sidebar, now I do and it's slow..

Maybe this is more a Horde question then an IMP question, but I didn't want
to X-post, so please let  me know if I should aks this on the Horde list.

None of the logfile that I can find show anything interesting. All
suggestions on where to look are welcome

Bas